What is Reducol™?
Reducol™ is a unique, patented blend of naturally occurring compounds found in plants known as phytosterols and phytostanols. It comes from coniferous trees and is a natural and renewable non-genetically modified source. It is a tasteless and odorless ingredient that can be incorporated into a variety of applications including non-fat and fatty functional foods and dietary supplements. Reducol™ is clinically proven to safely and effectively lower LDL cholesterol.
Reducol™ is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the United States Food and Drug Administration and has been clinically proven to significantly lower 'bad' cholesterol levels when used in conjunction with a low fat diet and exercise. There have been over 100 worldwide clinical studies that have provided positive results that support health claims of phytosterols in lowering bad cholesterol in humans.
Facts about Reducol™
- Reducol™ is food grade and suitable for food products in accordance with applicable EU and US government rules and regulations
- Reducol™ is made from coniferous trees- a non-genetically modified (engineered) source.
- Circle K Kosher Certified
- GRAS Notice 39 (Generally Recognized as Safe) by the US FDA
- Shelf life 48 months, when stored appropriately
For further information on products such as spec sheets, Certificates of Analysis or ordering information – please contact us at:
or submit purchase orders by fax to 212-798-8183.